Friday, June 4, 2010

National Donut Day

Since I can remember I have loved donuts. Homer Simpson's got nothing on me. That being said, today was National Donut Day. I have never, and will never be caught purchasing or consuming a donut in uniform though. Sorry - I won't be that copper, the one who proves the dumbass stereotype forever. With the internet, camera phones and twitpics - a pic of me stuffing my face with a donut would be everywhere faster than you could say Krispy Kreme! I forget to get a donut before work, so this left me with quite the dilemma. I had to find a place after work. Good luck when work ends at 9pm! I really wanted to get a "deluxe" donut, with chocolate chips on the inside, with chocolate frosting on the outside, topped with chocolate chips. My goodness, I'm salivating just typing that out.  In any event, I went to two places near work and all they were left with at 9:30 was the scraps for the day before they closed. Hope was not lost! The place near my house had a few chocolate raised, I purchased one. Before I did, I clearly said to the lady, "Did you know it's National Donut Day?"

She replied, "What?"  I repeated the above, and she replied shortly, "Yea - I knou dat." in a sharp, broken English (I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say her first language was Cambodian - or Khmer to be precise). Some stereotypes survive for a reason. The rude foreign food server survives for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment